Victorian Old Cut Diamond Gypsy Ring
Antique Gold Gypsy Ring
Beautiful antique gold gypsy ring 18 carat gold solitaire ring
The gorgeous sparkling little old cut diamond is gypsy set in an attractive star pattern
The star shaped setting frames the diamond beautifully and makes it appear much larger
This wonderful ring looks fabulous when worn
- Diamonds 2mm
- Ring 7mm wide at front 2.8mm at base of the shank.
- Stamped 18ct gold with the crown
- Dates to the late Victorian period
- Size L1/2 (UK), 6 (USA) it would easily re size
- It is in excellent condition
- Weighs 2.5 grams.
- It comes in the presentation box illustrated
- Our Ref 243
- Carat can refer to the quality or purity of gold – pure gold ie a metal that is 100% gold and nothing else but gold, is known as pure gold or 24-carat gold So for example with a ring which is 18 carat ie 18/24s gold or put another way, 18 divided by 24 is 0.750 or 3/4You may see jewellery marked 0.750 which is a somewhat modern way of writing 18ct as we say in the UK and 18k as they say in the rest of the worldThe colour of pure gold is yellow. However, if gold is mixed with other metals it can become a silvery colour, known as white gold, or pinky and is then known as rose goldThe use of 15 ct gold ended in 1932.
How to take care of this beautiful antique gold gypsy ring. When cleaned are looked after an 18 carat gold ring will have a deep yellow lustre and will always be a pleasure to wear.
Gold and diamond are both very resilient materials and will not be damaged by cleaning products. Regular attention with washing up liquid and a toothbrush in warm water will keep the ring looking great. Then a rub with a metal cleaning cloth to finish the job. If you prefer you could buy a pot of propriety gold cleaning fluid, leave the ring submerged for an hour then finish with the toothbrush and washing up liquid.