Opal and Diamond Ring
Ornate Five Stone Ring Hallmarked Birmingham 1922
Gorgeous 18 carat gold Opal and diamond ring.
The five fabulous opals are predominately green and turquoise displaying vibrant flashes of orange
They are in a beautiful hand crafted ornate scroll setting interspersed with pretty little accent diamonds.
This charming looks stunning when worn
- Central opal 5.5 x 4.3mm next two 4.8 x 3.7mm outer opals 4.2 x 3.4mm
- The size is UK L1/4,US 6 it would easily resize
- 6.8mm wide at the front and it stands 4mm proud of the shank
- Fully hallmarked 18 carat gold for Birmingham 1922
- Makers mark NBS (Victorian jewellery maker renowned for making opal rings)
- It weighs 3.5 grams.
- It is in excellent original condition.
- our Ref 20144
- Opal is a very special precious stone. It has been used in amulets and decorative jewellery for about 6 000 years. About 300 years ago it was found in Hungary, then in about 1800 if was found in Australia and which has been the main source since. Now there are many more mines throughout the world, most notably Mexico. There are an enormous number of different types of opal. Some of the major groups are Common opal, Light opal, Boulder opal, Black opal, Matrix opal and Fire opal. Most opals are cut as oval cabochons.Opal is one of the October birth stones.
- How to take care of your Antique Victorian Opal Bracelet. Opal is a fairly soft stone about 5 to 6 on the Mohs hardness scale. So don’t put your opal jewellery loose in a box with rough hard objects, such as metals or sapphires and diamonds. Opals should be kept away from direct hot sun or freezing conditions. You can clean your opal jewellery with a soft tooth brush and warm soapy water.
- Some similar rings from our collections
- Victorian Style Opal Cluster Ring
- Victorian Opal Ring
You can check out Paula’s ebay Feedback