Antique sapphire diamond ring
18ct Gold Ring Hallmarked Birmingham 1916
Gorgeous18ct gold sapphire and diamond ring.
Set with three beautiful Kashmir blue sapphires and two sparkling old Swiss cut diamonds
The stones are in an elegant navette shaped setting
Fully hallmarked 18ct gold Birmingham 1916
This fabulous ring looks so lovely when worn
- Central sapphire 2.5mm outer sapphires 1.5mm
- Diamonds 2 x 2mm clarity SI colour G
- Fully hallmarked 18ct gold Birmingham 1916
- With the makers mark SB&Co
- Size N (UK), 7 (USA) it would easily re size
- It weighs 2.5 grams
- In excellent original condition
- Comes in the presentation box illustrated.
- Our Ref 237
Caring For Your Antique Sapphire Diamond Ring
Sapphires are hard and durable. So to make sure your sapphire engagement ring is always in the best condition, it is important to know exactly how they should be cleaned and stored.
Sapphires are not prone to chipping, cracking or breaking, because of the hardness of sapphires, please take care that they do not scratch softer gemstones in your jewelry box. This also holds true for sapphire and diamond jewelry, as diamonds are the only other precious gemstone that could scratch a sapphire.
The best way to clean your sapphire jewellery is with warm soapy water and a soft brush, avoiding soaking the stone. Always avoid harsh detergents, and never clean your jewelry with solvents such as alcohol, acetone or paint thinner.
Protect your ring with the following steps:
- Store it well – When you’re not wearing it, keep your ring in a safe place, such as its own section in a jewelry box.
- Take it off – Remove the ring before getting your hands dirty, such as when cooking, gardening or washing dishes.
- Maintain it – Take it to your jeweler for maintenance about once a year, or sooner if you notice any signs of the stone being loose.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – While sapphires are resilient against most liquids, even the hardest gemstone could have inclusions, cracks or quirks not visible to the naked eye. These features might, in turn, make them more susceptible to damage from harmful substances. To keep your ring gleaming, avoid any contact with acids, harsh chemicals and solutions.
- Keep it out of the heat – Sapphires stand up well to heat and light, but prolonged exposure can still damage both the stone and your ring band, especially if your sapphire has already been altered with heat or oil treatments. Avoid setting your ring down where it may come into contact with high heat or steam.
- Apply your products first – If you use fragrances, skin care and hair care products, apply them and wash your hands before putting on any fine jewelry. Some of these products contain alcohol and other ingredients which will not only dirty your sapphire but also diminish its long-term brilliance.