This is an exceptional Antique Victorian Opal Bracelet
Gorgeous Victorian gate-link opal bracelet
This bracelet is set with eight fabulous colorful cabochon opals
The opals are particularly fine. They are predominately green and turquoise displaying vibrant flashes of orange
Crafted in 9ct gold the Opals are collet set to each gate – link section
This beautiful bracelet looks stunning when worn
- The opals are 5mm x 4mm
- The bracelet is 19 cm ( 7 1/2″) long.
- It is 10.5mm ( 0.40″ ) wide
- Concealed box clasp with safety chain
- Hallmarked 9 carat gold with makers mark BE
- This bracelet dated to circa 1890
- It weighs 18 grams.
- This bracelet is in exceptional original condition.
- It comes in the presentation box illustrated
- our ref 20149
- Opal is a very special precious stone. It has been used in amulets and decorative jewellery for about 6 000 years. About 300 years ago it was found in Hungary, then in about 1800 if was found in Australia and which has been the main source since. Now there are many more mines throughout the world, most notably Mexico. There are an enormous number of different types of opal. Some of the major groups are Common opal, Light opal, Boulder opal, Black opal, Matrix opal and Fire opal. Most opals are cut as oval cabochons.Opal is one of the October birth stones.
- How to take care of your Antique Victorian Opal Bracelet. Opal is a fairly soft stone about 5 to 6 on the Mohs hardness scale. So don’t put your opal jewellery loose in a box with rough hard objects, such as metals or sapphires and diamonds. Opals should be kept away from direct hot sun or freezing conditions. You can clean your opal jewellery with a soft tooth brush and warm soapy water.
- Some similar bracelets from our collections https://www.the-chelsea-bijouterie.com/product/edwardian-pearl-bangle/
You can check out our ebay feedback https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/paula.the.chelsea.bijouterie