Spectacular sapphire & diamond Art Deco ring
This 18ct gold & platinum French ring dates to the roaring 1920s
Set to the centre with a gorgeous cushion shaped velvety blue synthetic sapphire
Synthetic sapphires were fist produced in France in 1909 and extensively used during the Art Deco period
It is surrounded by a boarder of sparkling Swiss cut diamonds
The geometric design is completed with three square cut sapphires to each corner
The stones are all collet set in a platinum edged with pretty millegrain detail
They are set above an extremely attractive 18ct gold corbeille
This fabulous ring sits so comfortable on the finger and looks stunning
- Central synthetic sapphire 9mm x 8mm circa 2.75 carat
- 16 x 2mm diamond weight is about 1/2 carat.
- Colour H, clarity SI.
- The head measures 14mm x 15.5mm at its widest point
- It stands 5 mm proud of the shank.
- It weighs 3.6 grams
- French hallmarked 18ct gold (eagles head on outside of shank)
- This ring dates to the Art Deco period
- It is size UK N 1/2 USA 7 It would easily re size
- It is in excellent original condition
- our ref: 2061