Very beautiful 1960s Cluster Earrings 18ct Gold
Fabulous vintage pearl sapphire earrings 1960s
Crafted in 18ct gold they are centered with a gorgeous cultured pearl
The surrounding petals are accented with pretty velvety blue sapphires
These beautiful earrings look stunning when worn
- They are 1.8 cm (0.7″) across and stand 1.1cm high ( 0.45″)
- 12 x sapphires approx 2mm
- Pearls 6.5mm creamy ivory with pink and slight green overtones and excellent lustre
- These earrings test 18ct gold
- They date to the 1960s
- With posts for pierced ears
- Each earring weighs 4.5 grams
- These earrings are in excellent condition
- They come in the presentation box illustrated
- Our ref: 2359
Caring For Your Sapphire Jewellery
Sapphires are hard and durable. So to make sure your sapphire engagement ring is always in the best condition, it is important to know exactly how they should be cleaned and stored. Sapphires are not prone to chipping, cracking or breaking, because of the hardness of sapphires, please take care that they do not scratch softer gemstones in your jewellery box. This also holds true for sapphire and diamond jewellery, as diamonds are the only other precious gemstone that could scratch a sapphire.
The best way to clean your sapphire jewellery is with warm soapy water and a soft brush, avoiding soaking the stone. Always avoid harsh detergents, and never clean your jewellery with solvents such as alcohol, acetone or paint thinner.
Protect your ring with the following steps:
- Store it well – When you’re not wearing your vintage pearl sapphire floral earrings, keep them in a safe place, such as their own section in a jewellery box.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – While sapphires are resilient against most liquids, even the hardest gemstone could have inclusions, cracks or quirks not visible to the naked eye. These features might, in turn, make them more susceptible to damage from harmful substances. To keep your jewellery gleaming, avoid any contact with acids, harsh chemicals and solutions.
- Keep out of the heat – Sapphires stand up well to heat and light, but prolonged exposure can still damage the stone.
- Apply your products first – If you use fragrances, skin care and hair care products, apply them and wash your hands before putting on any fine jewellery.
- Some of these products contain alcohol and other ingredients which will not only dirty your sapphire but also diminish its long-term brilliance.
- Pearl are very delicate. They can be quickly washed in warm soapy water and a soft toothbrush, and then carefully stored.