Beautiful 18 carat gold vintage Sapphire and diamond engagement cluster ring
To the centre a gorgeous velvety midnight blue sapphire that is surrounded by fabulous sparkling single cut diamonds
The stones are collet set in white gold with millegrain detail. They sit above a pretty gold basket
This stunning ring would make a fabulous engagement ring
Sapphire 3.8mm x 3.5mm
Diamonds 8 x about 2.2mm
Total diamond weight circa 0.35ct
Approx. Colour H/I Clarity VSI – SI
Head 9mm x 9.5mm across
Marked 18ct gold
This ring dates to the 1950s
Size L 1/2 (UK), 6 (USA) it would easily re size
It weighs 2.2 grams
In excellent original condition
This vintage sapphire and diamond engagement cluster ring in the presentation box illustrated.
Our Ref 23112
Caring For Your Sapphire, Ruby, and Diamond Jewellery
These fabulous stones are very hard and durable. So, to make sure your jewellery and stones are always in the best condition, it is important to know exactly how they should be cleaned and stored.
Sapphires rubies and diamonds are not prone to chipping, cracking or breaking, so please take care that they do not scratch softer gemstones in your jewellery box.
The best way to clean your ruby, diamond, and sapphire jewellery is with warm soapy water and a soft brush, avoiding soaking the stone. Always avoid harsh detergents, and never clean your jewellery with solvents such as alcohol.
Protect your ring with the following steps:
- Store it well – When you’re not wearing it, keep your ring in a safe place, such as its own section in a jewellery box.
- Take it off – Remove rings before getting your hands dirty, such as when cooking, gardening or washing dishes.
- Maintain it – Take it to your jeweller for maintenance every two or three years or so, or sooner if you notice any signs of the stone being loose.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Whilst sapphires, rubies and diamonds are resilient against most liquids, even the hardest gemstone could have inclusions, cracks or quirks not visible to the naked eye. These features might, in turn, make them more susceptible to damage from harmful substances. To keep your ring gleaming, avoid any contact with acids, harsh chemicals, and solutions.
- Keep it out of the heat – Sapphires diamonds and rubies stand up well to heat and light, but prolonged exposure can still damage both the stone and your ring band. Avoid setting your ring down where it may come into contact with high heat or steam.
- Apply your makeup first – If you use fragrances, skin care and hair care products, apply them and wash your hands before putting on any fine jewellery. Some of these products contain alcohol and other ingredients which will not only dirty your stones, but also diminish its long-term brilliance.