Edwardian Antique Diamond Trilogy Engagement Ring
Stunning 18 carat gold trilogy ring.
Set with three gorgeous old brilliant cut diamonds set in an attractive twist design
The stones are collet set in platinum that makes them appear larger and gives a dazzling array
The effect is heightened by attractive decorated platinum shoulders
This beautiful ring would make a perfect engagement ring
- Centre diamond 3.8mm and the outside are 3.5mm
- Total weight circa 0.60 Colour H Clarity SI
- Size K (UK), 5.5 (USA) it would easily re size
- The spread of the stones is 13mm and they stand 4.5mm proud of the shank
- Shank stamped 18ct (the 18 a bit worn)
- It comes in the presentation box illustrated.
- It weighs 3.6 grams.
- It is in excellent original condition
- our ref: 23128
Caring For Your Sapphire, Ruby, and Diamond Jewellery
These fabulous stones are very hard and durable. So, to make sure your jewellery and stones are always in the best condition, it is important to know exactly how they should be cleaned and stored.
Sapphires rubies and diamonds are not prone to chipping, cracking or breaking, so please please take care that they do not scratch softer gemstones in your jewellery box.
The best way to clean your ruby, diamond, and sapphire jewellery is with warm soapy water and a soft brush, avoiding soaking the stone. Always avoid harsh detergents, and never clean your jewellery with solvents such as alcohol.
Protect your antique diamond trilogy ring with the following steps:
- Store it well – When you’re not wearing it, keep your ring in a safe place, such as its own section in a jewellery box.
- Take it off – Remove rings before getting your hands dirty, such as when cooking, gardening or washing dishes.
- Maintain it – Take it to your jeweller for maintenance every two or three years or so, or sooner if you notice any signs of the stone being loose.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Whilst sapphires, rubies and diamonds are resilient against most liquids, even the hardest gemstone could have inclusions, cracks or quirks not visible to the naked eye. These features might, in turn, make them more susceptible to damage from harmful substances. To keep your ring gleaming, avoid any contact with acids, harsh chemicals, and solutions.
- Keep it out of the heat – Sapphires diamonds and rubies stand up well to heat and light, but prolonged exposure can still damage both the stone and your ring band. Avoid setting your ring down where it may come into contact with high heat or steam.
- Apply your makeup first – If you use fragrances, skin care and hair care products, apply them and wash your hands before putting on any fine jewellery. Some of these products contain alcohol and other ingredients which will not only dirty your stones, but also diminish its long-term brilliance.