Antique gold diamond ring
18ct Gold Five Stone Ring Hallmarked Birmingham 1911
Gorgeous 18 carat antique gold diamond ring.
Set with five beautiful old cut diamonds in a very attractive scroll setting
It is fully hallmarked Birmingham 1911 with the makers initials G.L.M
This fabulous ring looks so lovely when worn
- Fully hallmarked 18ct gold for Birmingham 1911
- It bears the makers initials G.L.M
- Centre diamond 2.3mm the next two are and 1.5mm and the outside are 1.2mm
- Total weight circa 0.15 carat Colour H Clarity VSI
- Size M 1/2 (UK), 6.5 (USA) it would easily re size
- It is 6.8 mm wide at the front and tapers to 2mm at the base of the shank
- It comes in the presentation box illustrated.
- It weighs 2.2 grams.
- It is in excellent original condition
- our ref: 239
- Carat can refer to the quality or purity of gold – pure gold ie a metal that is 100% gold and nothing else but gold, is known as pure gold or 24-carat gold So for example with a ring which is 18 carat ie 18/24s gold or put another way, 18 divided by 24 is 0.750 or 3/4You may see jewellery marked 0.750 which is a somewhat modern way of writing 18ct as we say in the UK and 18k as they say in the rest of the world The colour of pure gold is yellow. However, if gold is mixed with other metals it can become a silvery colour, known as white gold, or pinky and is then known as rose gold The use of 15 ct gold ended in 1932.
How to take care of this beautiful antique gold diamond ring. When cleaned and looked after an 18 carat gold ring will have a deep yellow lustre and will always be a pleasure to wear.
Gold and diamond are both very resilient materials and will not be damaged by cleaning products. Regular attention with washing up liquid and a toothbrush in warm water will keep the ring looking great. Then a rub with a metal cleaning cloth to finish the job. If you prefer you could buy a pot of propriety gold cleaning fluid, leave the ring submerged for an hour then finish with the toothbrush and washing up liquid.