Stunning antique opal trilogy ring – Victorian opal and diamond trilogy ring.
The three gorgeous opals are predominately green and turquoise with vibrant flashes of orange, purple and blue
They are hand crafted in a traditional 18 carat yellow gold setting interspersed with a pair of sparkling old cut diamonds.
This wonderful ring looks so lovely when worn.
- Central opal 7mm x 5mm outer opals 6mm x 4mm
- Old cut diamonds 4 x 2mm Total diamond weight circa 0.20
- The size is UK P ,US 7.75 it would easily re size
- 7.3mm wide at the front and it stands 4.7mm proud of the shank
- Tests 18ct gold
- This ring dates to the late Victorian period circa 1890
- It weighs 3.6 grams.
- This antique opal trilogy ring is in excellent original condition.
- Our ref 23162
Milky opals were commonly used in late 19th century jewellery when their versatility resulted in a wide assortment of designs such as bangles, set as a line of graduated cabochons with diamonds in between, cluster rings, fringe necklaces and crescent brooches. Superior examples exhibit an attractive play of red, green, and blue colours whilst inferior milky opals are almost completely white with minimal flashes. Milky opals were also set with rubies, emeralds and demantoid garnets in naturalistic designs such as butterflies. Mid-Victorian opals exhibiting a softer play of colour were sometimes set in scrolling gold brooches and necklaces enamelled in royal blue.
Mexican fire opal
These vibrant gems were used in Art Nouveau and Art Deco diamond jewellery. Fire opal is usually deficient of any play of colour but exhibits a singular shade of translucent mid to deep orangey – red.