Beautiful 18ct gold ruby and diamond ring hallmarked Chester 1912
Set with eight bright red rubies and five sparkling old cut diamonds
The stones are in an attractive cluster design with foliate engraved shoulders
It has crisp clear hallmarks for Chester 1912
This charming antique Ruby Diamond ring looks fabulous when worn
Central rubies about 2.5mm and outer 2.3mm
Diamonds about 2.3mm
Total weight circa 0.30 carat Colour H/I Clarity SI
Fully hallmarked 18ct gold Chester 1912 with makers initials JM
Size N 1/2 (UK), 7 (USA) it would easily resize
It weighs 3.2 grams
In excellent original condition
This beautiful antique ruby diamond ring comes in the presentation box illustrated.
Our Ref 23167 For further information Phone paula 07949058591
Caring For Your Sapphire, Ruby, and Diamond Jewellery
These fabulous stones are very hard and durable. So, to make sure your jewellery and stones are always in the best condition, it is important to know exactly how they should be cleaned and stored.
Sapphires rubies and diamonds are not prone to chipping, cracking or breaking, so please take care that they do not scratch softer gemstones in your jewellery box.
The best way to clean your ruby, diamond, and sapphire jewellery is with warm soapy water and a soft brush, avoiding soaking the stone. Always avoid harsh detergents, and never clean your jewellery with solvents such as alcohol.
Protect your ring with the following steps:
- Store it well – When you’re not wearing it, keep your ring in a safe place, such as its own section in a jewellery box.
- Take it off – Remove rings before getting your hands dirty, such as when cooking, gardening or washing dishes.
- Maintain it – Take it to your jeweller for maintenance every two or three years or so, or sooner if you notice any signs of the stone being loose.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Whilst sapphires, rubies and diamonds are resilient against most liquids, even the hardest gemstone could have inclusions, cracks or quirks not visible to the naked eye. These features might, in turn, make them more susceptible to damage from harmful substances. To keep your ring gleaming, avoid any contact with acids, harsh chemicals, and solutions.
- Keep it out of the heat – Sapphires diamonds and rubies stand up well to heat and light, but prolonged exposure can still damage both the stone and your ring band. Avoid setting your ring down where it may come into contact with high heat or steam.
- Apply your makeup first – If you use fragrances, skin care and hair care products, apply them and wash your hands before putting on any fine jewellery. Some of these products contain alcohol and other ingredients which will not only dirty your stones, but also diminish its long-term brilliance.