Sensational diamond retro ruby ring
Crafted in platinum this impressive ring dates to the 1940s
Of geometric and scroll form it is so stylishly designed in the form of a buckle
Set with about one carat of beautiful sparkling old cut diamonds and gorgeous bright red calibré cut rubies
The diamonds and rubies are pavé & claw set in platinum to great effect
This fabulous ring would make a stunning engagement ring
- Diamonds approx.1 x 3.5mm 5 x 3mm and 4 x 2.5mm
- Diamonds total weight circa 1.00 carat.
- Colour G/H clarity VSI
- 13 x 2mm square rubies
- Tests platinum
- The head of the ring measures 12.5mm wide x 20.5mm across
- The shoulders are 10mm & 7mm at the top tapering to 4.5 mm at the base of the shank.
- Size UK L 1/2, USA 7 it would re size
- It weighs an impressive 10.5 grams.
- This diamond retro ruby ring is in excellent condition.
- It comes in the presentation box illustrated.
- Our Ref: 23184
Caring For Your Sapphire, Ruby, and Diamond Jewellery
These fabulous stones are very hard and durable. So, to make sure your jewellery and stones are always in the best condition, it is important to know exactly how they should be cleaned and stored.
Sapphires rubies and diamonds are not prone to chipping, cracking or breaking, so please take care that they do not scratch softer gemstones in your jewellery box.
The best way to clean your ruby, diamond, and sapphire jewellery is with warm soapy water and a soft brush, avoiding soaking the stone. Always avoid harsh detergents, and never clean your jewellery with solvents such as alcohol.
Protect your ring with the following steps:
- Store it well – When you’re not wearing it, keep your ring in a safe place, such as its own section in a jewellery box.
- Take it off – Remove rings before getting your hands dirty, such as when cooking, gardening or washing dishes.
- Maintain it – Take it to your jeweller for maintenance every two or three years or so, or sooner if you notice any signs of the stone being loose.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Whilst sapphires, rubies and diamonds are resilient against most liquids, even the hardest gemstone could have inclusions, cracks or quirks not visible to the naked eye. These features might, in turn, make them more susceptible to damage from harmful substances. To keep your ring gleaming, avoid any contact with acids, harsh chemicals, and solutions.
- Keep it out of the heat – Sapphires diamonds and rubies stand up well to heat and light, but prolonged exposure can still damage both the stone and your ring band. Avoid setting your ring down where it may come into contact with high heat or steam.
- Apply your makeup first – If you use fragrances, skin care and hair care products, apply them and wash your hands before putting on any fine jewellery. Some of these products contain alcohol and other ingredients which will not only dirty your stones, but also diminish its long-term brilliance.